Mediacom

Western North Carolina specific topics.

Mediacom

Postby Thomas » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:18 am

Hey, anybody out there know some hard facts about Mediacom service in Fletcher and Hendersonville? Got one of those offers you can't refuse to get me to dump my Direct TV but still not convinced. For one thing, I now have HD service with an HD/DVR. Would not like to settle for less. The package they are offering would amount to $1000 saving in two years. Too good to be true???? The local guy is claiming big improvements in service etc. T or F, my wife is busting my chops over the savings issue plus it includes great telephone service or so they claim, and hi speed internet.
"You teach best what you most need to learn." ~ Richard Bach
Thomas

Re: Mediacom

Postby etowah » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:27 pm

I'll check around the neighborhood and see if anybody has had experience, good or bad
with that company, and let you know
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:29 pm

Can't speak for Mediacom specifically, but I have Charter cable. Service and reliability for both TV and internet are quite good. Cable provides faster internet than phone companies can provide.

I have chosen not to switch my phone service to them, though charter also offers it. Reason, if the power goes off, the phone service goes out, and where I live power outages are a common occurrence. Say what you will, the Bell phone system has a very robust system and loosing phone service is a very rare event, even when everything else is out.

And I can't imagine that Mediacom could have any worse service than Charter, which literally sucks, but that too seems to be the new norm for all companies these days.
Yellow_Dog

Postby Thomas » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:09 am

Thanks for the input folks. It's kind of moot at this point as I convinced my wife to stay with Direct TV. I'm actually a little suspicious of the sales rep who came to our door. He had no official Mediacom fliers and the offer was almost unbelievable. The package would have saved us $1000 over two years, not hardly believable. Mediacom, by the way, has gone through some real changes down here, new ownership but still.

I've been sick, sort of, since the beginning of June. Pancreatitis put me ten days in the hospital and now I await having my gall bladder removed, maybe next week, so it's not been a real exciting summer. All that beer that went undrunk. :mrgreen: This week I have the privilege of doggy sitting one like yours, Y_D. Quite a scene having an 85# retriever around my 18# rat terrier. No surprise, she is the dominant one.
Thomas

Postby etowah » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Thomas, I hope you have a speedy recovery, and get back to your usual ornery self soon!!
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby admin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:03 pm

Get well soon, Thomas. The brewers are counting on you. ;)
admin
Site Admin

Postby Thomas » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:20 am

What are you doing down in Georgia? Thought you were up there in TN? As for the brewers, hmmmm, not so sure I want the belly back, maybe time to give up old habits.

Thomas

Postby admin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:08 pm

I moved down to Georgia to be with my fiancee. :)
admin
Site Admin

Postby etowah » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm

Armed Lib is engaged, Congrats :P :o
want to be in the game.
etowah

Congratulations

Postby Thomas » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:45 am

Thomas