Not so fast...

Law, the Constitution, national events, etc.

Re: Not so fast...

Postby 4tees » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:15 am

Yea, the audio tape evidence seems pretty incriminating. This guy seems like a real crook, it will be interesting to see what happens.
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby Yellow_Dog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:12 am

4tees wrote:Yea, the audio tape evidence seems pretty incriminating. This guy seems like a real crook, it will be interesting to see what happens.

I guess after watching the past two (3, 4, 5?) presidents just 'bull through' their lies and missteps by utter arrogance and denial, he figured that if it works for them, it will work for him.

I love how Jay Leno mispronounces is name " ba-sonofabitch"
Yellow_Dog

Postby S » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:12 pm

This wouldn't be one of those case studies for out of control bloated political egos would it?
"Though all the maps of blood and flesh are posted on the door. There is no one yet who has told us what Boogie Street is for." Leonard Cohen
S

Postby etowah » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:13 pm

4tees wrote:Yea, the audio tape evidence seems pretty incriminating. This guy seems like a real crook, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Interesting that an Obama associate quietly withdrew her name from consideration for the Senate Seat, at the
same time that this tape evidence came out.
Why would that be necessary, if there were no connection between Obama and the governer?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20081 ... _d451pcmhg
Last edited by etowah on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Yellow_Dog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:29 pm

etowah wrote:

Interesting that an Obama associate quietly withdrew her name from consideration for the Senate Seat, at the
Why would that be necessary, if there were no connection between Obama and the governer?

Can you think of anything that would kill future political goals quicker than having your name roll off the lying lips of Ba-sonofabitch? This is just common sense and a prudent move, no matter who you are or what you know about this.

Your grasping at straws in a high wind Image
Yellow_Dog

Postby etowah » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Yellow_Dog wrote:
etowah wrote:

Can you think of anything that would kill future political goals quicker than having your name roll off the lying lips of Ba-sonofabitch? This is just common sense and a prudent move, no matter who you are or what you know about this.

Your grasping at straws in a high wind Image

If candidate were intimidated by who endorsed them, noone would run. Obama was endorsed by a former anarchist turned prof Bill Ayers, and that
didn't faze him.
No politico gives up such a plum without a good reason, and White House Adminstrative Assistant doesn't fit.
Let's listen to those tapes.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:44 pm

etowah wrote:If candidate were intimidated by who endorsed them, noone would run. Obama was endorsed by a former anarchist turned prof Bill Ayers, and that
didn't faze him.
No politico gives up such a plum without a good reason, and White House Adminstrative Assistant doesn't fit.

You are really continuing to grasp at straws in a very high wind. The prudent thing to do is to recognize that anyone this crook appoints ain't going to get the seat, and to wait for his impeachment and removal from office, the get back into the fray when the lieutenant governor becomes governor.

But go ahead and twist it again, the nonsense that continues to flow is such a blatant attempt to label anyone the has ever met Obama as a shady character, what a pathetic reaction to people you really don't know a damn thing about but so eagerly slander because they just happened to be democratic.

I have read enough of your desperate drivel to last me for a life time, and I am only grateful that those of your ilk are clearly in the minority and only some annoying background noise. My issues with Bush were based in fact and his performance and gross incompetence, your is based only on hypothetical ideas you probably got from hate spewing right wingnut talk radio.

And it is not an endorsement, it is an appointment, big f-ing difference, and yes an ethical, honest person of character will certainly have reservations about being appointed by such a crooked greedy bastard as Ba-sonofabitch, guess the problem is that there are no ethical, honest people that are also right wingnuts.
Yellow_Dog

Postby 4tees » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:27 pm

As I have often said, stop voting for or supporting either major party or things will never change. There is not a big name politician in either major party that does not have many "skeletons" in their closet. I am sure Obama had some sort of relation with the Governor....he was a senator in that Gov's state for pete's sake, but that does not mean he was involved in the shenanigans, just that he out of political necessity associated with another politician who turned out to be of the worst ilk. I bet you can find similar questionable ties for EVERY "big league" politician in this nation; you simply can not get the prime time exposure to get elected without selling your soul to the corruptors within the Democratic or Republican parties.
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby etowah » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:02 pm

4tees wrote:As I have often said, stop voting for or supporting either major party or things will never change. There is not a big name politician in either major party that does not have many "skeletons" in their closet. I am sure Obama had some sort of relation with the Governor....he was a senator in that Gov's state for pete's sake, but that does not mean he was involved in the shenanigans, just that he out of political necessity associated with another politician who turned out to be of the worst ilk. I bet you can find similar questionable ties for EVERY "big league" politician in this nation; you simply can not get the prime time exposure to get elected without selling your soul to the corruptors within the Democratic or Republican parties.

If Obama or Jarret did nothing wrong, of course the tapes won't be a problem.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby etowah » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:12 pm

Yellow_Dog wrote:
etowah wrote:If candidate were intimidated by who endorsed them, noone would run. Obama was endorsed by a former anarchist turned prof Bill Ayers, and that
didn't faze him.

You are really continuing to grasp at straws in a very high wind. The prudent thing to do is to recognize that anyone this crook appoints ain't going to get the seat, and to wait for his impeachment and removal from office, the get back into the fray when the lieutenant governor becomes governor.

But go ahead and twist it again, the nonsense that continues to flow is such a blatant attempt to label anyone the has ever met Obama as a shady character, what a pathetic reaction to people you really don't know a damn thing about but so eagerly slander because they just happened to be democratic.

I have read enough of your desperate drivel to last me for a life time, and I am only grateful that those of your ilk are clearly in the minority and only some annoying background noise. My issues with Bush were based in fact and his performance and gross incompetence, your is based only on hypothetical ideas you probably got from hate spewing right wingnut talk radio.

And it is not an endorsement, it is an appointment, big f-ing difference, and yes an ethical, honest person of character will certainly have reservations about being appointed by such a crooked greedy bastard as Ba-sonofabitch, guess the problem is that there are no ethical, honest people that are also right wingnuts.

Whoa there-keep your shirt on, Yellow Dog. You are the one who is desperate that no one dare question the
President -Elect. Well, I suggest you intellectually and emotionally (especially) adjust to the fact that the past
and present conduct and associations of our President -Elect will come under contiuous and harsh scrutiny. It comes
with the territory.

And if my opinions distress you so much-just don't read them. Attacking me personally will not serve to stymie
my expression of ideas.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Yellow_Dog » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:04 pm

DONE! Here it is referred to as the "foes" list where most forums refer to it as the ignore list, but you made that list.

Your bigotry, ignorance of reality and hatred are such that I am embarrassed that I actually read and responded to your drivel. Life is simply too short and pleasant to pay attention to the unfounded negativity and bias you exude.

My apologies to admin and others posters here, but I'm just over those that choose to condemn before the term of office has even begun, and in deference to others here I withdraw from any further discussions about anything from the user I have just blocked.
Yellow_Dog

Postby S » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:57 am

Yellow_Dog wrote:DONE! Here it is referred to as the "foes" list where most forums refer to it as the ignore list, but you made that list.

Your bigotry, ignorance of reality and hatred are such that I am embarrassed that I actually read and responded to your drivel. Life is simply too short and pleasant to pay attention to the unfounded negativity and bias you exude.

My apologies to admin and others posters here, but I'm just over those that choose to condemn before the term of office has even begun, and in deference to others here I withdraw from any further discussions about anything from the user I have just blocked.

So, who is on your blocked list anyway?
"Though all the maps of blood and flesh are posted on the door. There is no one yet who has told us what Boogie Street is for." Leonard Cohen
S

Postby Yellow_Dog » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:17 am

S wrote:So, who is on your blocked list anyway?

Not you :D
Yellow_Dog

Postby 4tees » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:17 am

YD,
Etowah often frustrates me too when she steadfastly sticks to the partisan line or refuses to look beyond the boundaries of her beliefs. I wish she would openly discuss things more rather than draw a line in the sand, but you should know by now that most "conservatives" think or at least act that way. By blocking and ignoring her you reduce the chance that we may get through to her someday; I know, a slim chance at best, more likely when hell freezes over, but don't give up.
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby Yellow_Dog » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:02 am

4tees wrote:YD,
Etowah often frustrates me too when she steadfastly sticks to the partisan line or refuses to look beyond the boundaries of her beliefs. I wish she would openly discuss things more rather than draw a line in the sand, but you should know by now that most "conservatives" think or at least act that way. By blocking and ignoring her you reduce the chance that we may get through to her someday; I know, a slim chance at best, more likely when hell freezes over, but don't give up.

I hear ya, but I just decided that life is too short to try and deal with the level of stubbornness and/or denial of reality that so taints her views. I suspect she is part of the 10% that will never recognize that the last 8 years has been an utter disaster for this country and it's citizens, and still believes that the devastating failures of the Bush administration are still the solution.
Yellow_Dog

Next

Return to National Issues