Keep up the good work, Obama!

Law, the Constitution, national events, etc.

Keep up the good work, Obama!

Postby etowah » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Obama has been spending a lot of time in Florida, lately.
Here are the results:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14895.html
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

Re: Keep up the good work, Obama!

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Is there supposed to be a point here?

Florida has 5.02% (27 of 537) of the electoral college votes, thus is not the defining end-all-be-all force in this or any election.

What is FL using for balloting this year, hanging chad still, or have they gone to buggy flawed software running on unreliable equipment without a paper audit trail. (but sold by a staunch republican supporter, the CEO of Dibold)
Yellow_Dog

Postby 4tees » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:08 am

Both candidates have been spending a lot of time in Florida. A one point variation in the polls is usually considered within the margin of error and therefore of little meaning. For all practical purposes McCain and Obama are in a dead heat in Florida, and Florida appears poised to be one of the tightest races of the election once again....no surprise there.
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby 4tees » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:17 pm

Watching the news today it seems as if Obama is pulling ahead of McCain by significant margins in almost every battleground state....and even some typically Republican states. (I wonder if Colin Powel's endorsement of Obama had a significant effect?) It's beginning to look like it will not be a tight race come election day
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby etowah » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:05 am

Yellow_Dog wrote:Is there supposed to be a point here?

Florida has 5.02% (27 of 537) of the electoral college votes, thus is not the defining end-all-be-all force in this or any election.

What is FL using for balloting this year, hanging chad still, or have they gone to buggy flawed software running on unreliable equipment without a paper audit trail. (but sold by a staunch republican supporter, the CEO of Dibold)

Yes. Point being, the more time Obama and company spend in our great state, the more McCain catches up.
Saw JM a few minutes ago on SNL-he did great!

We'll see on Tuesday, although I think it will be so close that we won't know until Wednesday or Thursday.

Most precincts are back to the paper ballots. The early voters are complaining about the long lines.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:26 am

Kept seeing the long lines in Florida, none of that here, and percentage wise more people probably voted in NC than FL (30%).

Can't speak for other counties, but here we have paper ballots, but are machine read. Expect that results will be released shortly after the polls close.

Assuming states are able to release results within a few hours of the polls closing, I think we will know who one by the time the west coast polls close if not sooner
Yellow_Dog

Postby 4tees » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:25 am

It will take a while to determine the winner only if it is a very very close election. Likely, as YD pointed out, we will know the outcome by late Tues night.
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby etowah » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 pm

Yellow_Dog wrote:Kept seeing the long lines in Florida, none of that here, and percentage wise more people probably voted in NC than FL (30%).

Can't speak for other counties, but here we have paper ballots, but are machine read. Expect that results will be released shortly after the polls close.

Assuming states are able to release results within a few hours of the polls closing, I think we will know who one by the time the west coast polls close if not sooner

Republicans, as usual in Florida, are way ahead in the absentee ballots. That could be crucial.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby etowah » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Yellow_Dog wrote:Kept seeing the long lines in Florida, none of that here, and percentage wise more people probably voted in NC than FL (30%).

I was expecting long lines at my polling place today, but at 11:30 a.m. I breezed in and out.
The early polling places were in areas where non-habitual voters dominated. For this reason the
votes took longer to cast, and the lines built up.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Return to National Issues