Palin Prevails!

Law, the Constitution, national events, etc.

Palin Prevails!

Postby etowah » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Palin proved to be an aggressive, competitive debate partner for Biden :D
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/02/ ... ranscript/
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

Re: Palin Prevails!

Postby S » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:56 am

Wishful thinking, my dear, wishful thinking. She was given a pass by Joe and the Obama team. She lived up to and slightly exceeded the low expectations of her and that is the best they can hope for her. Nothing has changed.
"Though all the maps of blood and flesh are posted on the door. There is no one yet who has told us what Boogie Street is for." Leonard Cohen
S

Postby 4tees » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:51 pm

So far both "debates" have been real snoozers :roll:
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Well, to be fair she didn't cause a melt down but it's happening anyhow. McCain's slide in the polls rivals the fall of Michael Dukakis.

Say hello to the next President of the United States. Image
"You teach best what you most need to learn." ~ Richard Bach
Thomas

Postby Yellow_Dog » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:05 pm

etowah wrote:Palin proved to be an aggressive, competitive debate partner for Biden :D
Sorry, but I can't buy it. She is an Alaskan redneck, with all the cooth and class of a redneck, a pit bull with lipstick, if you will to use her words. It only proves she can cram for a big oral exam, but in no way prepares her for the real world as

She has the lowest education level of anyone aspiring for national office, a mere BA in journalism, after collecting credits from half a dozen schools, a couple of them being 2 year community colleges. She lives between two foreign countries, wow so do I, Mexico and Canada, and that doesn't qualify either of us for anything.

And it really makes me question McCains selection. She was not properly vetted, and certainly not thoroughly. Will he use the same care filling his cabinet, and nominating judges for the Supreme Court? I thought Bush was bad with putting horse show judge organizers in charge of FEMA, crooks for AG, and the rest of a long list of incompetents he has chosen. I think McCain could make Bush look like a genius based on his first and probably the most important selection he will ever make.
Yellow_Dog

Postby 4tees » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:13 am

I do agree that Palin seems inexperienced, and do question her qualification. However I find it odd that you would have issues with someone attending a community college? :o Bush's Ivy league education certainly did nothing for his qualifications or intelligence.
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby Thomas » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:47 pm

4tees wrote:I do agree that Palin seems inexperienced, and do question her qualification. However I find it odd that you would have issues with someone attending a community college? :o Bush's Ivy league education certainly did nothing for his qualifications or intelligence.

What Ivy League education? Truth be know he probably got in Yale as the son of an alumnus.

Bush proved an uninspired student. He did maintain a gentlemanly "C" average at Yale..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0124133/bio
"You teach best what you most need to learn." ~ Richard Bach
Thomas

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:26 pm

I have no problem what so ever with community colleges, they teach real skills to go out into the workplace with. The bang for the buck they provide is one of the best deals anyone will receive.

Their mission is to provide work place skills, not world leader skills.

Bush was a "C" student, and I suspect he scored that high because of his last name. Then he spent 10 years killing brain cells with alcohol and drugs. He has likely never been one of the bright bulbs on the porch, but I suspect his has dimmed a whole lot since Yale.

And we have McCain, a Naval Academy grad, and was in a tight race for the very bottom spot in the class. He was ranked 896th in a class of 899. Wonder if that was even a C?
Yellow_Dog

Postby MurphyMobile » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:10 pm

etowah wrote:Palin proved to be an aggressive, competitive debate partner for Biden :D

Palin may have looked good, sounded all right in the debate, and kept her cool, until the news hounds kept score for the ah's and delayed responses. That is not what makes me uncomfortable.

It makes me nervous thinking how well she would react in a major crisis if she moved to Washington D.C. She has her family to care for, well over the average family. What about her going through PMS or menopause? As a female, I know about the mood swings. And I have mad some irrational
decisions, that have affected my employment.

Do you think Palin is ready to be "on call" 24/7? Being on call for your children is far different.
Being responsible for the country is a huge responsiblity.

My other concern, is that McCain is permitting her to speak out for their party. Is McCain trying to
give her a lot of air time for the US citizens to get accustomed to a female running in ultimate office?

I have a lot of respect for women in various offices. Barbara Jordan from Texas was my favorite.
She told the public if she could put herself through school and acquire a job, anyone can do it.
She did not take much bs off of the public and the excuses as to why they could not work or did not
want to work.
There is no obstacle in the path of young people who are poor or members of minority groups that hard work and preparation cannot cure.
Barbara Jordan

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/b/barbarajor393651.html
MurphyMobile

Postby etowah » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:43 pm

S wrote:Wishful thinking, my dear, wishful thinking. She was given a pass by Joe and the Obama team. She lived up to and slightly exceeded the low expectations of her and that is the best they can hope for her. Nothing has changed.

No slack was cut her by Biden. He was all grins at the beginning of the debate: the smiling faded away as he
realized that she was no dummy.
Glibness, S, does not guarantee good governance. Look at Bill Clinton.

I would like to see Obama be grilled by the media at least half as much as Palin. The guy will only address
big stadium groups. He declined McCains invitation to the town hall formats. Afraid of the lack of control.
Well bud, if you do become president, you will be grilled, and noone knows if you can take it :?:
Maybe he'll go into a meltdown.

Why the liberals are so agitated by Palin, to the point of trying to trash her family, trash her reputation, etc?
She is a woman who lives a life on her own terms, and makes no apologies.
She defies every stereotype promoted by the liberal media.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby etowah » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:47 pm

Thomas wrote:Well, to be fair she didn't cause a melt down but it's happening anyhow. McCain's slide in the polls rivals the fall of Michael Dukakis.

Say hello to the next President of the United States. Image

Polls don't elect Presidents. The electoral college does!
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby etowah » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:53 pm

Ah's and delayed responses-the news media treasure glibness and abhor independent thinking.
MM do you want a slick speaker or someone who careful considers her statements and decisions.

Male or female, human's are subject to emotional or psychological conflict interfering with
their job duties. Take Bill Clinton, for an example of narcissistic behavior that endangered
our national security.

MurphyMobile wrote:

Palin may have looked good, sounded all right in the debate, and kept her cool, until the news hounds kept score for the ah's and delayed responses. That is not what makes me uncomfortable.

It makes me nervous thinking how well she would react in a major crisis if she moved to Washington D.C. She has her family to care for, well over the average family. What about her going through PMS or menopause? As a female, I know about the mood swings. And I have mad some irrational
decisions, that have affected my employment.

Do you think Palin is ready to be "on call" 24/7? Being on call for your children is far different.
Being responsible for the country is a huge responsiblity.

My other concern, is that McCain is permitting her to speak out for their party. Is McCain trying to
give her a lot of air time for the US citizens to get accustomed to a female running in ultimate office?

I have a lot of respect for women in various offices. Barbara Jordan from Texas was my favorite.
She told the public if she could put herself through school and acquire a job, anyone can do it.
She did not take much bs off of the public and the excuses as to why they could not work or did not
want to work.
There is no obstacle in the path of young people who are poor or members of minority groups that hard work and preparation cannot cure.
Barbara Jordan

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/b/barbarajor393651.html
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby etowah » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:55 pm

Yellow_Dog wrote:
Sorry, but I can't buy it. She is an Alaskan redneck, with all the cooth and class of a redneck, a pit bull with lipstick, if you will to use her words. It only proves she can cram for a big oral exam, but in no way prepares her for the real world as

She has the lowest education level of anyone aspiring for national office, a mere BA in journalism, after collecting credits from half a dozen schools, a couple of them being 2 year community colleges. She lives between two foreign countries, wow so do I, Mexico and Canada, and that doesn't qualify either of us for anything.

And it really makes me question McCains selection. She was not properly vetted, and certainly not thoroughly. Will he use the same care filling his cabinet, and nominating judges for the Supreme Court? I thought Bush was bad with putting horse show judge organizers in charge of FEMA, crooks for AG, and the rest of a long list of incompetents he has chosen. I think McCain could make Bush look like a genius based on his first and probably the most important selection he will ever make.

She runs the state of Alaska, she can run the U.S.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:40 am

etowah wrote:
She runs the state of Alaska, she can run the U.S.

Please tell me you don't really believe that from an intellectual standpoint. In comparison to the depth, breadth and complexity of running the US, she is the equivalent of a store manager at a McDonalds vs. running a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Nor does running something does not prove competence, Bush 'runs' the US, and he run it into the a ditch, if not off a cliff. I know you will deny that, but open your eyes and look at the sad state of this country, drowning in incomprehensible debt, generally hated by most of the world, the ONLY industrialized nation on the planet with a huge portion of it citizens denied basic health care. And if you haven't noticed we are still loosing the war in Afghanistan, Bin Laden is still a free man, thanks to his 'competence'!

She runs a very sparsely populated state that is swimming in oil money. Alaska has a total population less than many cities in this country, with a total population about the same as Charlotte NC. They have no revenue problems as it comes from big oil. Alaska has NO income tax, NO sales tax, in fact the only taxes they have is a mere 8 cents on gasoline and diesel, and a $2.00 tax on cigarettes, which in my opinion still isn't high enough.

And yes they are located between two foreign countries, Russia and the very hostile Canada. Alaska does not "protect" itself from Russia, they are protected by some very hostile and unpopulated real estate, and the US Military.
Yellow_Dog

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:45 am

Oh right, she is ready.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg&feature=related :shock:

Even George Bush isn't this stupid :?
Yellow_Dog

Next

Return to National Issues