"Former Press Secretary Says Plame Cover-up Included Bu

Law, the Constitution, national events, etc.

"Former Press Secretary Says Plame Cover-up Included Bu

Postby Thomas » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:24 pm

"The White House cover-up in the Valerie Plame case -- the leaking of the identity of an undercover CIA operative -- went all the way up to President George W Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, former press secretary Scott McClellan wrote in an upcoming memoir.

A brief excerpt from the memoir, What Happened, was posted online at the publisher's site on Tuesday. In the excerpt, McClellan claims that he was told to insist that aides Karl Rove and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby were "not involved" in the leak involving operative Valerie Plame.

"There was one problem. It was not true," McClellan writes, according to a brief excerpt released Tuesday. "I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest-ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice president, the president's chief of staff and the president himself."

McCllellan is the youngest son of former Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn. He left the White House last April. What Happened, which will be published by Public Affairs Books, will hit bookshelves next April."

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=7389574
"You teach best what you most need to learn." ~ Richard Bach
Thomas

Postby willard » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:22 am

ALAS,
with everything this criminal bunch does the american people drift further away from the truth. I have read that we (the nation) are in a state of clinical depression over this band of miscreants. I know I am. The more they do wrong the more our dem's will shirk from their duty to impeach and the more the repubs will defend our "war" prez.

I am looking forward to the replies from the bush apologists! They will immediately go on the attack and condemn Wilson/Plame more. They will defend bush harder.

Where oh where have the patriots gone?

On another note, I wonder why McCellan (following in the ft steps of the past 40 or 50 tell all books from this administration) decided to turn on his former master?
willard

Postby Yellow_Dog » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:18 pm

And why would anyone with more IQ points than they have fingers be surprised :roll:
Yellow_Dog

Postby willard » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:34 pm

I've read this evening that it appears to be a PR stunt.

"WASHINGTON - Former White House spokesman Scott McClellan does not believe President Bush lied to him about the role of White House aides I. Lewis Scooter Libby or Karl Rove in the leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity, according to McClellan's publisher.

Peter Osnos, the founder and editor-in-chief of Public Affairs Books, which is publishing McClellan's book in April, tells NBC from his Connecticut home that McCLellan, "Did not intend to suggest Bush lied to him."

Oh well, if its too good to be true then its too good to be true. Seems lying is all they - know all of them.
willard

Postby etowah » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:07 pm

[quote="willard"]ALAS,
with everything this criminal bunch does the american people drift further away from the truth. I have read that we (the nation) are in a state of clinical depression over this band of miscreants. I know I am. The more they do wrong the more our dem's will shirk from their duty to impeach and the more the repubs will defend our "war" prez.{end quote, Willard}

Instead of being depressed, go out and work for the Presidential
Candidate of your choice, Willard

:idea:
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Thomas » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:08 am

etowah wrote:
willard wrote:ALAS,
with everything this criminal bunch does the american people drift further away from the truth. I have read that we (the nation) are in a state of clinical depression over this band of miscreants. I know I am. The more they do wrong the more our dem's will shirk from their duty to impeach and the more the repubs will defend our "war" prez.{end quote, Willard}

Instead of being depressed, go out and work for the Presidential
Candidate of your choice, Willard

:idea:

Sage advice etowah, could you add to it how one selects from all the fools which fool is the least foolish? All my voting life I have never had the privilage of actually believing 100% in my vote and was never disappointed.

Thomas

Postby etowah » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:50 pm

Thomas, take a look at Ron Paul, Republican Senator from Texas,
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Thomas » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:32 pm

etowah wrote:Thomas, take a look at Ron Paul, Republican Senator from Texas,

Your Welcome but he is not a senator. He's a congressman. :)
Thomas

Return to National Issues