University Of Florida Student Tasered At John Kerry Speech

Law, the Constitution, national events, etc.

University Of Florida Student Tasered At John Kerry Speech

Postby admin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:35 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TIYTJ75U4NU

A little fear of the crowd in the minds of these cops could have prevented this whole thing.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson
admin
Site Admin

Postby Thomas » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:25 am

A commentator on TV last evening suggested that the advent of non lethal weaponry has not reduced the number of police shootings as intended. The taser instead has given rise to a tendency to employ this weapon in instances where previously restraint techniques were used.

Videos show the student was on the ground with four police officers on top of him. The taser was over kill. This is no joke, there have many numerous deaths associated with this alleged non lethal device which zaps the human body with 50,000 volts.

I worked in juvenile detention facilities for three years and witnessed far more violent teens being taken down by trained personnel without injury to anyone. These campus cops need to be properly trained in such restraint techniques as well as methods of confronting such individuals without the use of force. When you put your hands on an already steamed up individual you are asking for trouble.

I have myself been confronted with such situations involving angry kids. We were taught verbal techniques designed to defuse such situations. They work, believe me, in 90% of the cases. Never put your hands on an angry individual unless you are prepared to apply proper restraint measures.

It was also suggested that Senator Kerry could have handled the guy. As any public speaker or comedian will tell you, hecklers are a common job hazard.
"You teach best what you most need to learn." ~ Richard Bach
Thomas

Postby Yellow_Dog » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:07 am

The sad part is that there are many cops that really have the ultimate goal of tazing the first poor bastard that gets in their way that day when they strap on their duty belt on their way to work.

The Asheville cop that tazed a plump middle aged 55 year old woman in the Oakley community a year or so ago is an example. This He-Man tazed this woman 3 times.

This college kids crime? Exercising his right of free speech :cry:
Yellow_Dog

Postby admin » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:39 pm

Yellow_Dog wrote:This college kids crime? Exercising his right of free speech :cry:

And at a publicly funded university of all places! What's up with the sheep cheering, rather than (at the least) protesting when the thugs dragged this kid away? What does that say about our society?
admin
Site Admin

Postby MurphyMobile » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:16 pm

I liked the video where a person was pulled over by the police officer.
His video was operating in the car. And so was the person that he pulled
over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC0aqAZuLkU
MurphyMobile

Postby etowah » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:48 pm

admin wrote:
Yellow_Dog wrote:This college kids crime? Exercising his right of free speech :cry:

And at a publicly funded university of all places! What's up with the sheep cheering, rather than (at the least) protesting when the thugs dragged this kid away? What does that say about our society?

"All we like sheep" :(
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby 4tees » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:25 am

I always remind myself when someone is saying something I really don't like or agree with that they are exercising their right to free speech, just as I like to do; then it doesn't bother me. If everyone would put into practice the concept of treating others as you want to be treated the world would be a better place.
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby admin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:33 pm

I try to do the same. It might still bother me, but I don't try to stop them. No one has the right not to be offended.
admin
Site Admin

Postby 4tees » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:14 pm

I agree entirely,
It has always seemed unconstitutional that one must pay and or get permission (get a permit) to practice free speech.

As to the media charging....The media utilizes the public airways and public right of ways to access our homes, so they (like all commerce enterprises) owe something back to the public. Free political interviews/speeches/public meetings (but not commercials) should be required. Private commerce can not function without access to and the use of public property!
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Return to National Issues