Topix

Western North Carolina specific topics.

Topix

Postby Thomas » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:20 am

Topix these days has turned into a nasty pile of vitriolic hyperbole. Seems the sickos are scared to death Obama is going to win this election and are squirming around like a pack of rats trapped in a sinking ship. The whole forum is so over loaded with garbage it's beyond the ability of any monitoring system to put a halt to it. They should shut it down, clean house and require positive IDs to force people to take responsibility for what they say. It's virtually impossible to have a sane discussion without some sicko jumping in. :x
"You teach best what you most need to learn." ~ Richard Bach
Thomas

Re: Topix

Postby Yellow_Dog » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:52 am

The solution is oh so simple, but since you apparently have yet to figure it out.

JUST DON'T GO TO THE TOPIX SITE.

Now wasn't that easy :shock: :roll: :D :mrgreen:
Yellow_Dog

Postby Thomas » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Yellow_Dog wrote:The solution is oh so simple, but since you apparently have yet to figure it out.

Such eloquence form my dear pal Yellow_Dog. I'm over whelmed. You watch, you ain't gonna see me there, not till this damn election is finished.

Thomas

Postby Yellow_Dog » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:21 pm

Thomas wrote:
Yellow_Dog wrote:The solution is oh so simple, but since you apparently have yet to figure it out.

Such eloquence form my dear pal Yellow_Dog. I'm over whelmed. You watch, you ain't gonna see me there, not till this damn election is finished.

Just stating the obvious :roll:
Yellow_Dog

Postby etowah » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Thomas wrote:Topix these days has turned into a nasty pile of vitriolic hyperbole. Seems the sickos are scared to death Obama is going to win this election and are squirming around like a pack of rats trapped in a sinking ship. The whole forum is so over loaded with garbage it's beyond the ability of any monitoring system to put a halt to it. They should shut it down, clean house and require positive IDs to force people to take responsibility for what they say. It's virtually impossible to have a sane discussion without some sicko jumping in. :x

Well Thomas, why would you need to waste your time in even thinking about Topix?
Here, you have a forum in which the members can voice their strong opinions and
debate in a civil manner.

Unless....you (secretly) enjoy the chaos :wink:
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Thomas » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:10 am

etowah wrote:Well Thomas, why would you need to waste your time in even thinking about Topix?
Here, you have a forum in which the members can voice their strong opinions and
debate in a civil manner.

Unless....you (secretly) enjoy the chaos :wink:

Well ma'am ya got me there but I ain't signin in there till this damn election is finished. As for WNC Talk, too few and far between on those long boring days alone I need more action.
Check us out at http://www.mountainx.com/forums/, nice people, even the Conservatives like you. :wink: You see, I have responsibilities there and don't even have occasion to use them. :?
Thomas

Postby Yellow_Dog » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Thomas wrote: You see, I have responsibilities there and don't even have occasion to use them. :?

Just saw a post, from the administrator dated today, on the Xpress forum that you are no longer a moderator. Did Steve finally figure out that you were too much of a lightning rod, and you were baiting users to be a fair or effective moderator?
Yellow_Dog

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:56 am

Yellow_Dog wrote:
Thomas wrote: You see, I have responsibilities there and don't even have occasion to use them. :?

Just saw a post, from the administrator dated today, on the Xpress forum that you are no longer a moderator. Did Steve finally figure out that you were too much of a lightning rod, and you were baiting users to be a fair or effective moderator?

No sir, I am leaving on Tuesday for a trip up north. I will be back on line end of the month. Those people don't need a moderator really. Steve uses a soft touch and I emulate him on this. Cullen had a very long history even before I showed up, was booted multiple times. Any time he is clearly ID'd he's gone. I think he'll be leaving us alone any how. He's Chuckdude108 http://forums.blueridgenow.com/eve/foru ... 6871080487

PS, if you look you will see I am still moderating on the same section till I'm on the road. You really ought to cut me some slack old pal, I'm not the same guy I was. Those people on MtEx and I get along just fine. You will not see me abusing their hospitality. You have to know, you played a very special role in the maturation process regarding forums. I was initially very taken aback by the nastiness and hostility from some posters and bounced around a bit. I've got much tougher skin now and been heeding your advice in terms of reacting.
Thomas

Postby etowah » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:59 pm

Have a great trip, Thomas. 8)
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Thomas » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:03 am

etowah wrote:Have a great trip, Thomas. 8)

Merci bien. :D
Thomas

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Thomas wrote:
Well ma'am ya got me there but I ain't signin in there till this damn election is finished. As for WNC Talk, too few and far between on those long boring days alone I need more action.
Check us out at http://www.mountainx.com/forums/, nice people, even the Conservatives like you. :wink: You see, I have responsibilities there and don't even have occasion to use them. :?

Sure you are not posting on Topix under the unregistered handle of "one who knows" Seems there is a verbatim posts on Topix and your Xpress handle :shock:
Yellow_Dog

Postby Thomas » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:20 am

Yellow_Dog wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Sure you are not posting on Topix under the unregistered handle of "one who knows" Seems there is a verbatim posts on Topix and your Xpress handle :shock:

I have my following. What are you doing nosing around that puke pot anyhow? Image
Thomas

Postby etowah » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Checking up on his buddy and mentor :lol:
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby Thomas » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:53 pm

etowah wrote:Checking up on his buddy and mentor :lol:

I love Yellow_Dog, don't understand why he doesn't feel the same about me. Image
Thomas

Postby etowah » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:48 pm

Sure he does, that's why he follows you around.
Be sure to get to a computer to send him some private messages when you are on your trip up north.
Otherwise, he might be depressed.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Next

Return to Strictly Local