Update on Seven Falls

Western North Carolina specific topics.

Re: Update on Seven Falls

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:15 pm

4tees wrote:Reynolds mountain may have nice homes, but it is a prime example of how NOT to develop in the mountains. I've heard several different people complain about how the developer just clear cut most of the development, without a permit to do so, then said "oops sorry" after the fact. It looks like one of those places where they have "re-engineered" the topography to increase the number of sellable lots; something that can lead to mud/landslides and shifting in the long run (when done on a mountain slope). You simply can not and should not develop every square foot of property as you can in a place like Florida. It is irresponsible and shortsighted to do so.

The view 'from' there is probably quite nice. The view 'of' there is a butt ugly monument to greed and total disregard for the beauty of the area.
Yellow_Dog

Postby MurphyMobile » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:26 pm

From my house, I can see some of the homes on top of Reynolds Mtn. The sad part is driving on I-26 W from
I-240 exit, you can see the stripped mountain. In the winter months the view is even uglier.

Most everyone that drive by the mountain are angry. In the 10 years I have lived in the Stoney Knob area, I have watched the trees sheered off the mountain, the huge homes built fast and furious. It is an eyesore and words can never descirbe how much damage the developers have done.

When the developers took over Reynolds Mtn, they did not take into consideration of the wildlife
that depended on the forest. Black bears, deer, wild turkeys, snakes, and birds. I have had a few black bears that walk through my front yard to return to their den.

The bottom line for the developers and real estate agents is money and greed. Now that the connector to TN is completed, road crews have been cutting down the trees and shrubs along both sides the interstate that used to be the buffer zone from the noise of increased traffic of cars and semis.

Perhaps the land buyers, developers, realtors, and the people that buy the McMansions should watch "Seven."

MM 8)
MurphyMobile

Postby etowah » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Looks like a good movie to me, and I'm not even a developer :idea:

I have to wonder what engineering firm(s) signed off on the plans on Reynolds Mountain, and
others where reckless development has occurred. You can't defeat gravity.
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

FORECLOSED

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Yellow_Dog

Postby etowah » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:45 pm

No big surprise here. Too bad some local contractor-creditors will be going down, also.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Postby 4tees » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:23 pm

I just cant believe the developer would lie like that (dripping with thick, rich sarcasm) :shock:
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby etowah » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:07 pm

4tees wrote:I just cant believe the developer would lie like that (dripping with thick, rich sarcasm) :shock:

Heard the whole shebang will be auctioned off at the Henderson County Courthouse
on September 28.
want to be in the game.
etowah

Previous

Return to Strictly Local