IMPEACH BUSH NOW

Postby WeBe » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:45 am

Good point, MM. I believe the 'where are you from' means what state or town. Not what internet server you use. No doubt Salome will fix it.
It isnt the mistakes we make that count. It is what we do to fix them that matter.
WeBe

Postby S » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:33 pm

President George Walker Bush thanked the Austrian people for their support in Iraq and for hosting the OPEC meeting he had just attended. That was really sweet of him save for the fact that he was addressing the Australian people after attending an APEC meeting.

What a butter knife. :roll:

America will never recover. Begin organizing locally to prepare for the collapse of the United States of America.
"Though all the maps of blood and flesh are posted on the door. There is no one yet who has told us what Boogie Street is for." Leonard Cohen
S

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:46 pm

And when he was done proving that Americans are a bunch of idiots for electing him twice, he confidently strode off the stage in the wrong direction.

Butter knife?, he ain't even that sharp, if he were a light he couldn't draw a single moth on a moonless night.
Yellow_Dog

Postby S » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:10 am

Dazed and confused. No other terms can be used to describe his demeanor. Our enemies must be ROTFLTAO. God help us.

Nothing but the extraordinary can save us now.
Last edited by S on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Though all the maps of blood and flesh are posted on the door. There is no one yet who has told us what Boogie Street is for." Leonard Cohen
S

gen Be tray US

Postby willard » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:17 pm

Yellow_Dog wrote:And when he was done proving that Americans are a bunch of idiots for electing him twice, he confidently strode off the stage in the wrong direction.

Butter knife?, he ain't even that sharp, if he were a light he couldn't draw a single moth on a moonless night.

I don't call him "sh*tforbrains" for nothing.

On another point.

How many will accept what Petraeus (sometimes referred to recently as Be tray US).

Bolton in am interview says this:

"JOSHUA BOLTEN: Well, I would say wait and see what the report is from the people on the ground there. There are many reports coming out. The GAO is just one of them. I haven't read their report, but I understand that what it was measuring is, these are the benchmarks that were set several months ago. Have they been met?

Great prep for the report before the wunderkind. Bolton hasn't read the report but states that:

And the answer is, in most cases, of course not. But there's been substantial progress in many cases, modest progress in others. So if you're judging it solely on the toggle switch of yes or no, has the benchmark been met, not surprising that they would find few have been met."

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/white_house/ju...

Seems to me that the whole thing about accountability in NCLB ought to apply to the Iraq War. A benchmark is a benchmark is a benchmark. It is either met ot not.

We now learn that there'll be NO WRITTEN REPORT as Congress had asked for.(No surprise there with that pusillanamous bunch)

From the trusty conservative Washington Times

"An anonymous senior military officer tells The Washington Times' Bill Gertz not to expect a paper trail when Petraeus testifies to Congress on Monday.

A senior military officer said there will be no written presentation to the president on security and stability in Iraq. "There is no report. It is an assessment provided by them by testimony," the officer said.

The only hard copy will be Gen. Petraeus' opening statement to Congress, scheduled for Monday, along with any charts he will use in explaining the results of the troop surge in Baghdad over the past several months."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...

Well wait just a darn minute. Wasn't the big news a week or so ago that the report was not going to be written by Petraeus, as we had been led to believe, but rather by the friendly and forthcoming folks in the Out House? Now we're being told even that was not the truth?

More lies, deceptions and obfuscations.

I am shocked. Shocked I say.
willard

Postby Yellow_Dog » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:09 pm

It seems very clear which song book General Patraeus sings from. May 13, 2003 he was one of those attempting to justify the Iraq invasion.

Major General David Petraeus said May 13 (2003) during a briefing from Mosul.
"Our own chemical section looked at the trailer and confirmed it as a trailer that was very close to identical to the first trailer that was found by Special Forces southeast of here last week."
Petraeus said he spoke with experts May 13, and they have a "reasonable degree of certainty that this is in fact a mobile biological agent production trailer."link

Then perhaps we needed better intelligence, or at least people not addicted to kool-aid
"The experts have been through it. And they have not found another plausible use for it," Cambone said. "So while some of the equipment on the trailer could have been for purposes other than biological weapons agent production, U.S. and U.K. tactical experts have concluded that the unit does not appear to perform any function beyond ... the production of biological agents.''link

Perhaps we should hire the Austrian,,,,,, errr Australian experts;
"It would be easier to start all over with just a bucket," said Rod Barton, an Australian biological weapons expert and former member of the survey group. link

Even attempts to correct the original false justifications seemed to deliberately be swept under some rug;
After team members returned to Washington, they began work on a final report. At several points, members were questioned about revising their conclusions, according to sources knowledgeable about the conversations. The questioners generally wanted to know the same thing: Could the report's conclusions be softened, to leave open a possibility that the trailers might have been intended for weapons?

In the end, the final report -- 19 pages plus a 103-page appendix -- remained unequivocal in declaring the trailers unsuitable for weapons production.

"It was very assertive," said one weapons expert familiar with the report's contents.

Then, their mission completed, the team members returned to their jobs and watched as their work appeared to vanish.

"I went home and fully expected that our findings would be publicly stated," one member recalled. "It never happened. And I just had to live with it."

And the purpose of course is benign, produce hydrogen to fill weather balloons.
The survey group's final report in September 2004 -- 15 months after the technical report was written -- said the trailers were "impractical" for biological weapons production and were "almost certainly intended" for manufacturing hydrogen for weather balloons.

Seems clear that the objectives of General Petraeus must be questioned as he sings from the Bush song book, if they let him sing at all. Isn't Condi still the one scheduled to sing the public version.
Yellow_Dog

Postby 4tees » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:53 pm

As I've said before
I know from experience that the Bush Administration was informed there were no significant WMD's remaining in Iraq, and that all the Iraqi WMD programs were non existent after the first gulf war. The administration intentionally lied, and to cover their tracks they directed DOD reports to the contrary to be changed.
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby S » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:08 am

It is what we don't know about what they have done, that is what we should be more worried about, than what we do know they have done. They have already revealed their character it is the depths that character is capable of is scary thought.
S

Postby S » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:24 am

What's up with Bush stonewalling on the Syrian bombing questions?

And this:

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/0 ... -elsewhere

From bad to worse to......? Good god almighty.
S

Re: gen Be tray US

Postby etowah » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:06 pm

[quote="willard

We now learn that there'll be NO WRITTEN REPORT as Congress had asked for.(No surprise there with that pusillanamous bunch)

From the trusty conservative Washington Times

"An anonymous senior military officer tells The Washington Times' Bill Gertz not to expect a paper trail when Petraeus testifies to Congress on Monday.[/quote willard

To S, Yellow Dog, Willard and 4-tees

Congress, slightly in the Democrat plurality, doesn't need a written report to influence the course of this war.
Question; Does the Nancy Pelosi gang have the courage to do so?
He who keeps on dropping the ball doesn't
want to be in the game.
etowah

Re: gen Be tray US

Postby 4tees » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:12 am

etowah wrote:

To S, Yellow Dog, Willard and 4-tees

Congress, slightly in the Democrat plurality, doesn't need a written report to influence the course of this war.
Question; Does the Nancy Pelosi gang have the courage to do so?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking? If you are asking whether the Dem controlled congress will force the issue and pull us out of Iraq quickly, then no. As a whole the Dems are no better than the Repubs; both groups are corrupt and serve only to better their own self interets.
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Previous

Return to Politics