Photo hosting?

Announcements, technical problems, board suggestions, etc.

Photo hosting?

Postby admin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:51 pm

WeBe asked earlier today about how to post photos to this site. The answer currently is to upload your photo to one of the many photo hosting services, then make a post linking to it.

I could install a photo hosting/sharing system on this website. The cool thing about this is that it would allow us to browse through everyone's uploaded photos, so a large number of WNC related photos would be in one place. Is there any interest in this? This would be a free service. If many of you are interested, I'll set this up.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Yellow_Dog » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:11 pm

If you have the capacity to host photos without additional costs that would be great. Hosting services such as photobucket (and others), also free are an option for users also.
Yellow_Dog

Postby 4tees » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:37 pm

One stop "shopping" would be great. :D
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby WeBe » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:47 pm

I have a photo bucket page, but wouldnt mind posting here. Only if it didnt cost you any extra tho admin. No sense making you pay for us to post pictures.
It isnt the mistakes we make that count. It is what we do to fix them that matter.
WeBe

Postby MaryTR52 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:32 pm

WeBe... you figured out how to make your doggie your avatar. And what a cutie! :D
The unexamined life is not worth living ~ Socrates
MaryTR52

Postby WeBe » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:56 am

Yes, Mary. With MM and Admin's help I got it figured out. You will be seeing quite a few pics from me! Watch out! :lol:

Loki is indeed a sweetie.
It isnt the mistakes we make that count. It is what we do to fix them that matter.
WeBe

Postby etsidoyehi » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:47 pm

This would be a nice thing IF others do NOT do like they did in the other forum. That is steal pix from other albums to use against others. That really got to be a boring problem and I had to use the ignore feature over it. Noone I mean NOONE has the RIGHT to verbally abuse another as took place in the other forum. I have to apologize to everyone because I was as guilty as others for doing the same thing.If others were as adult as they should be they too would apologize to the room for their behavior. It was such as this that helped destroy the other forum.
Cherokee by birth, American by CHOICE
etsidoyehi

Postby admin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:37 pm

Thanks for the input everyone. I run my own web server with capacity to spare, so it's more a question of time than cost. Based on the replies so far, I'll plan on setting up photo sharing next time I have a slow day.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Front Office