Welcome to WNCTalk.com

Announcements, technical problems, board suggestions, etc.

Postby 4tees » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:04 pm

Armed, would you like us to mount a big recruiting effort from the AC-T forum, or are you inviting people on a case by case basis at this time?
Don't be a sheeple
4tees

Postby admin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:27 pm

4tees, any recruiting that you or other members do is appreciated. All are invited and welcome to post.
admin
Site Admin

Postby AC130driver » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:32 pm

How do we creat our own topics?
AC130driver

Postby admin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:46 pm

AC130driver wrote:How do we creat our own topics?

Go into the forum that you'd like to create a new topic in, and click on the "New Topic" button.
admin
Site Admin

Postby MaryTR52 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:58 pm

Y-D's signature on the other Forum includes a link to this one :D
The unexamined life is not worth living ~ Socrates
MaryTR52

New Forum

Postby S » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:39 am

What is this, some kind of parallel universe. Did anybody read the fine print? Who is this costing? And, what are usergroups?

Actually, I kind a like the dash board on this thing and the way it handles in the corners. A sleek little number. Let's race it around for a while.

S
S

Postby admin » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:38 am

MaryTR52, I've been monitoring the Citizen-Times since returning last weekend to find it in its current state. I'm still waiting for my account to be recreated (full name, address, phone number and DNA sample submited), and in the mean time, have been lightly monitoring the AC-T forums. I see that some of the regulars are questioning the recent changes and promoting this site. Good for them! I got a laugh out of Yellow_Dog's old sig. His latest isn't bad either. :)

S, the great thing about the Internet is that it doesn't cost much to put up a website. I'm financing it. Usergroups is a feature that isn't used right now. It's typically used to delegate administrative responsibilities, or create sections of the site that only designated groups of people can access.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Yellow_Dog » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:30 am

ArnedLib, I don't know how long you have been watching the AC-T forums, or how far back you read some of the threads.

A few facts, as you probably knew the former editor, Bob Gabordi, had to leave Asheville to seek specialized healthcare for a family member, a daughter I believe.

Susan Ihne replaced him, coming from another Gannett paper, in St. Cloud, Minnesota

With no announcement we also got a new forum moderator, and surprise surprise with a little Googling I found that Susan Ihne Executive Editor, and John Yenne Forum Moderator are also husband and wife. John was also employed at the St. Cloud times.

Yenne played the old forums like a bad fiddle, he wanted the User Forums gone, and he simply let the trolls, multiple accounts and a few others do what ever they pleased. He clearly wanted it to become a cesspool so he could have an excuse to delete it.

My real gripe with this jerk, as he repeatedly lied to me and others through email about what he would do and never had intention to do. Several of us have shared emails we got from this jerk. I posted a few of his comments there today in a hijacked thread

Why I haven't been booted I haven't a clue except for the fact I probably nailed him exactly. He had to do a little boasting in his emails and that's when all the pieces of his plan became clear.
Yellow_Dog

Postby admin » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:58 pm

I was aware of most of that story, but thanks for filling in the gaps. I have a lot of respect for Bob Gabordi. He actually participated in the forums, despite the family health issues, and kept their setup reasonable. I hope all's going well for him and his family. I guess I started losing interest in the AC-T forums a while after Susan Ihne took over. I'd come back from time to time, but the latest round of actions is what made me fed up enough to start this site.
admin
Site Admin

Postby S » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:57 pm

admin wrote:, the great thing about the Internet is that it doesn't cost much to put up a website. I'm financing it.

Good Job,

S
S

Postby WeBe » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:23 pm

AC130driver wrote:Just checking in.

Was cussing my keyboard until I read 'case sensitve' on the verification code.

Guy don't like reading instructions. It's part of the DNA spiral.

LOL! Me too!
It isnt the mistakes we make that count. It is what we do to fix them that matter.
WeBe

Postby admin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:10 pm

Has there been any word from SteroMan, fred, Hunter, or the others that haven't made it over here? I hope no one who hasn't come over yet is holding back because I didn't personally invite them. I'm still waiting for my account there to be activated, and wouldn't be surprised if it never is. Until that happens, I have no way of contacting anyone through the AC-T. All are invited.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mtnrambo » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:05 pm

Armed,

I'm surprised that they never activated your account... I had a few serious phone conversations with John Yenne and actually got reinstated...

You must have stuck out, or had multiple accounts there or something...

No one stuck out like me...

Maybe Stereo, Hunter and fred like it there... Dunno... or maybe they are just fed up with User Forums that keep on reciting the same thing about gays and religion...

Anyway, I visit there but haven't posted there in a long time... Spring is here and as you can see, I'm busy...
mtnrambo

Postby Yellow_Dog » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:10 pm

admin wrote:Has there been any word from SteroMan, fred, Hunter,

I have communicated individually with each of these individuals, and each said they would 'check it out' or similar comment.

Hunter and fred typically don't really debate anything, but when a new article or letter appears they take a sniper shot at it, or less often express their support, and they are gone.

StereoMan is the opposite and gets into lengthy debates on various topics, which would be a great fit here.

Beats me :roll:
Yellow_Dog

Postby MaryTR52 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:13 pm

Fred registered today :D
The unexamined life is not worth living ~ Socrates
MaryTR52

PreviousNext

Return to Front Office